Enhance®Fitness, a low-cost, evidence-based group exercise and falls prevention program, helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered to sustain independent lives.
You can recognize an Enhance®Fitness class by the relaxed atmosphere and the laughter in the room. A full hour of fun, Enhance®Fitness focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility — everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobic workout that gets participants moving to (optional) lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft cuff weights on the arms and legs (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Dynamic and static balance exercises throughout the class
- Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
- Each class may include up to 25 participants, from the frail to the more fit
Meri Fetkovich, Senior Director of Health & Wellness, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-742-4788.